Fruit Dry Cake
Fruitcake... or fruit bread? This quick and easy batter bread is packed with fruit and nuts, but is less sweet and very mildly spiced, unlike traditional fruitcakes. This is a great cake to bake if you feel obliged, by the holiday spirit, to have a fruitcake in the house.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar, powdered
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1tsp Orange Essence
- ¼ Cup Dried Fruit
- Mix the flour, baking powder, butter and sugar.
- Add the milk, vinegar, vanilla, orange essence and mix.
- You can also throw in a few dried fruits for flavouring.
- Beat the batter smooth. Transfer onto the cake moulds.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes at 160 degree.
- You may garnish with dried fruits and serve.